This crocodile craft is super simple (or is this an alligator craft…I can never tell the difference) to make but is so much fun to play with when it is done. You can make him turn and move with his bendable body. Get the free printable template to make crafting even easier. I don’t know about you, but I am not a fan of crocodiles. They are scary creatures. But they are also sort of cool and not so scary when you make them out of paper.
Save this Crocodile Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
Crafting with your kids should be fun…not just another thing to check off your to do list. But I know that life is hectic, and that is easier said than done. All of the prep falls on the back of the grown-ups for just a little pay off sometimes. But we take a different approach here that I really think will help. We simplify the process by sticking to a basic list of 27 craft supplies that fit into one bag. No cutting cardboard shapes out for hours or preparing crafts in advance that your kids will be done with in 5 minutes. Just fill your bag, and you are ready to make every single easy craft on this site. Seriously.
Step 1: Fold the Crocodile Body
- Fold a piece of green construction paper in half length-wise.
- Take half of the piece of paper and fold it accordion style.
Step 2: Use the Crocodile Craft Template
- Print the crocodile craft template.
- Use it to cut out the pieces of the crocodile.
- Fold the flaps on the eye pieces where the dotted line indicates.
*You will see that the pieces are nestled inside each other. Start with the outside pieces and then cut the inside pieces (eg-head first, then legs).
Step 3: Put Together Your Crocodile paper Craft
- Now that all of the parts of your alligator craft are cut out, it’s time to glue it all together.
- There will be some pieces of the accordion fold that stick out from your tail and head pieces. Just trim off the excess.
Step 4: Add Details to Your Paper Crocodile Craft
- Place the googly eyes onto the crocodile’s head.
- Then use your green marker to give the crocodile craft some details.
Now that you know how to make a crocodile craft, really make it your own. Give your crocodile some personality and add whatever details your would like.